2019 GOALS

Hello my beautiful friends,

Many of you might know, if you are following me on my IG, that I have recently moved to Charlotte, NC from Toronto, Canada. To be honest, I have down times because I have a growing business in Toronto but a brand new photographer, here, in Charlotte. For the new year, however, I have set goals to show my face to new people and to network a lot of times because thats the only way I can get back on shape in my business.

Today, I attended a networking session called TuesdaysTogether-Charlotte and in it I met a lot of more photographers. I was hoping to meet people in other businesses but I got to meet a lot of other photographer who were either in the business for so long, who have just moved to Charlotte, or just started their photography business from scratch. I feel like I have found gold, why? Because knowing people in same business is great because you can benefit from their network, service, experiences, and collaborations.

In the group we also talked about the SMARTER goals for 2019, below I am going to explain what each of the letters stand for:

Specific: a clear goal
Measurable: a quantifiable way to measure your accomplished goal
Attainable: achievable goals
Realistic: goals should be pragmatic and practical
Timely: put a deadline for your goal (monthly, quarterly, and/or yearly)
Emotional: goals have to tap to your reasons and be part of your why
Refinable: improve your goals by going back/review your goals every month.

In terms of how many goals one should have throughout the year I am providing the categories below:
1) Physical (mentally/spiritually/physically): have goals that keeps you in great shape .. you can also have plans to eat healthy even in small steps;
2) Career/ Business: set goals for your business;
3) Financial;
4) Community/Social;
5) Family;
6) Personal Growth

It is recommended that we have at most 7 to 8 goals so that they are achievable. Also, its so important to have a bit of everything in goals of 2019 because this is how you are shaped and we need to consider everything. I hope this post motivates you to set goals for the new year and if you need an accountability partner to hesitate to reach out.

What are your thoughts on this?

With Love,
Ellie


   




Comments

Popular Posts