The inner voice

Hello dear friends,

Have you ever had your inner voice saying you are not good enough? You always wanted to start something new for a long time, but there is someone/something in your head saying you are not there yet! Do you think it is is the same inner voice that doesn't allow you to take a rest just simply because you want to without feeling guilty. Do you have to deserve to rest? Do you have to have a reason to sleep in? Are you constantly worried that you can do better with your hour, etc, etc ...

Well, you are not alone! I am constantly working at my computer and take occasional rest breaks but since I feel soooo guilty of resting or my mind is so full of thinking about my work that I quickly return to my desk. Gradually I become so tired that nothing works. I neither can concentrate on my work or enjoy my time off. So whats going on? What shall I do?

It is so easy to think that if you can get the mind to a certain place, or just reduce that emotion a little bit more, or just get rid of that particular thought that everything will be OK. This is the nature of the thinking mind; always thinking that over there, is a little bit easier than over here. As we realize the nature of the distraction and how it feels to be caught up and overwhelmed we start to see that actually in letting go of those ideas we find true peace of mind. We start to be present and to focus to the particular thing at hand whether that is working or resting.

So let go of the distraction in your head and be content to whats at hand, it will automatically feels good.

With Love,
Ellie

Photographer: Elnaz Shokrollahi
Winter or Fall?

Location: North York, ON, Canada 



Comments

Popular Posts