Long due Hello

Hello my beautiful friends,

This post is long due and I would like to apologize for my absence. Thoughts is killing me on how to start or even to start my blog.. its little over six months that I have not posted. At first, I felt guilty then felt like a loser. Then, I decided who gives a sh*? I am inspired to write today so I will write and that's great.

This past week (as two famous icons #katespade and #Anthonybourdain took their own lives) lots of people are paying attention to mental health and organizations are doing their best for everyone to share their experience, if there is something in their head that bothers them. Personally I think everyone, and I mean everyone, goes through the down phases in their mind, it is just the intensity and duration that differs in people. So what is the best strategy to go around it? Have you ever created an emergency toolbox for your wellbeing? All I mean is things or tools that brings you back to feeling OK, when you are not. I believe we should teach our kids what to do when they are angry, frustrated, or sad. I believe everyone has to make a list of their gotos for their down times. Here is mine below:

My number one goto is sweat it all out, something like a HIIT workout or dance. I love to shake it out but it could be hard to push yourself into moving at times if you are down and I get it. So, your list would definitely look different to mine and my own preference changes with time too. However, you should know that our bodies are designed to move and is less about sedimentary and more about movement. So make sure to have movement on your list. 

My second goto is journaling. It is so relieving to put it out on a piece of paper. It doesn't have to make sense at all as long as you start putting the pen on the paper and never stop writing it will commence to come out and after it you will feel amazing. You should give this strategy a try, its magical. 

Third, is going out to nature, either walk in the park close to our house or deep my feet into the water. I love also to lay on the grass, look at the sky and just breath. The fresh air is absolutely great tool. 
Last but not least is talk it to someone. Especailly, I love sharing it with my husband, Ardeshir. He is really a good listener and I love how he is always there to help me out on my rough times. I am so grateful to have him around. If you have someone, a family member or a friend or anyone that you can trust. I do recommend calling them and talking to them, it doesn't have to be a long conversation. Just ask them to listen to you for three to four minutes as you spit it out. I am sure you will feel great afterwards. 

Yoga and meditation is important tool but for me is a routine thing I do everyday and necesarrily I don't use them when I want to vent out. But, you can put it on your list. 
 



Photographer: Elnaz Shokrollahi (me)
Location: Jeju Island, South Korea

Comments

Popular Posts